Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lions For Lambs

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00023/LionsAndLambsBIG_23233t.jpg
I thought that the movie was good. At first I didn't know where it was going with the three different stories. At the end they all came together.

Ernest and Arian are very brave. They decided to make a difference by going the army. They didn't like what they were seeing and instead of sitting back and hoping for change they did something about it. That takes a lot of courage to go and try to make a difference.

1 comment:

Katie said...

kxrhyeJen,
I think that's great you bring up the point about the boys that enlist inthe army. I think it's also need to see how inspiring it was to everyone that they did what they needed to do. I think as teachers this one of the most important things. We need to help our students aspire to be what they want to be in their lives, and to go where they want to go. We shouldn't even sell any student short of their life goals. Especially in elementary school, it is going to be most important to build our students' self-esteem up and encourage them. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be who I am without the teachers I had that shaped me in elementary school. It's great to see what a difference we will be making in kids! We can never let them forget to dream.